We know that your privacy is very important to you. We promise that it is even more important to us.
We will look after any personal information that you share with us. We store all data provided to us securely and keep all data both electronic and hard copy safe and secure at all times. This is central to our values as an organisation. We want everyone who supports us, or who comes to us for support, to feel confident about how any personal information they share will be looked after or used. Zoë’s Place Trust is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee. We are the Data Controller of personal information that this policy applies to under the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR Guidelines.
How we collect personal information about you?
- when you interact with Zoë’s Place.
- When you enquire about our activities/ Services or supply goods / services to us
- When you register with us for an event
- When you make a donation to us
- When you purchase something
- When you apply for a job or volunteering opportunity
- If you provide some optional feedback this may be when you phone us, visit our website, or in person when you visit one of our sites.
We will be especially careful and sensitive when engaging with vulnerable people or those we have reason to believe might be vulnerable
What information do we collect?
- Contact details such as name, Postal address, Date of birth, Email address, Telephone number
- Credit/debit card details (if you are making a purchase or donation), These will be destroyed as soon as the transaction is complete.
- If you are a supplier, bank details to enable us to pay for goods / services
- Information you provide in any correspondence between us.
- General information about the use of our websites, such as which pages users visit and which services, events or facilities are of most interest. We may use this to make improvements to our websites and to ensure we provide the best service for users. Wherever possible we use aggregated or anonymous information which does not identify individual visitors to our websites
'Cookie' is a name for a small file, usually of letters and numbers, which is downloaded onto your device, like your computer, mobile phone or tablet when you visit a website. They let websites recognise your device, so that the sites can work, or work better, and also gather information about how you use the site. A cookie, by itself, can't be used to identify you.
The cookies we use...
We use the categorisation set out by the International Chamber of Commerce in their UK Cookie Guide.
We use three categories of cookies:
Performance cookies - Google Analytics collects information about how you use our site. No personal information that identifies you is kept. Google Analytics purely tracks visitation behaviour on our website.
Functionality cookies – For purposes of animation on the websites. And remembers a setting if you override the mobile website view
Targeting or advertising cookies - Google Analytics collects information for tracking user habits. No personal information that identifies you is kept. Google Analytics purely tracks visitation behaviour on our website.
No cookies, please...
You can opt out of using cookies on our websites by clicking the opt out option on the Cookies banner on our website. If you choose to refuse all cookies you may not be able to use our website properly.
How do we use personal information?
We may use your personal information to:
- Improve your experience with us. We may use your information to enhance the service that our staff provide, to fulfil your orders and gift aid declarations, to improve our information and communications, or to personalise the website to better suit your needs;
- Provide details of forthcoming Fundraising events.
- Provide you with a copy of our bi – annual newsletter.
- Provide information on how to become a volunteer
- We may need to disclose your information if required to do so by law (for example, to comply with applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice or in response to a valid request from a competent authority
We’d like to keep all our valued supporters up to date with our progress. To update you on what we’re doing and ask whether you’d be able to support us , where you have given us your consent, we’d like to keep in touch with you (by post, phone, email, text and other electronic means). Please be reassured that respect lies at the heart of everything our committed staff and volunteers do: we respect any information that you share with us and you can change your mind and remove or add your consent at any time, by simply contacting us on the details provided at the end of this policy.
Who sees your personal information?
To do some of this, Zoë’s Place may share your information with our trusted partners and suppliers, for example the Inland Revenue for gift aid purposes, our printing suppliers for dispatch of our newsletter and our IT supplier who support our IT network and backup our data securely. This is always carried out under our instruction, and is never for their marketing approaches. We ensure that they store the data securely and delete or return it to us it when it is no longer needed. This never involves us selling or sharing your personal information with organisations so that they can contact you for any marketing activities. Nor do we sell any information about your web browsing activity. Patient data will only be shared with relevant Healthcare professionals and with the parents / guardians consent.
Your Information Security
We take the security of your personal information extremely seriously and, we only keep it as long as is reasonable and necessary, which may be to fulfil statutory obligations (for example, the collection of Gift Aid).
Here are some of the ways we protect your personal information:
- Use of locked drawers/filing cabinets with restricted key access
- Use of door locks and/or key pads
- Password protected access to our IT systems
- Password protected access to the Trust’s database, along with different access levels to different types of data
- Encryption of hard disks on all mobile devices
- Cisco Umbrella for increased security against Malware and Ransomware
- Intruder alarms and / or security systems on all our premises.
- Electronic data stored on servers is regularly backed up to an off site server. All data stored off site is encrypted.
Archived paper-based records will be stored securely using a key lock with restricted access to the key. Electronic Archive records will be clearly labelled as such either on our server or the Trust’s database and permission restricted to only those who require access to it.
The Trust will dispose of all relevant archived records in accordance with the Record Retention Standards. A confidential waste disposal service will be used to dispose of all records which include personal or other confidential data. Each site also has a shredder for immediate destruction of information and staff and volunteers are trained in disposal of confidential material.
How to update or access your personal information:
You may ask us at any time to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. You have a right to know what personal information Zoë’s Place holds about you. You can ask us to update your details, or request a copy of your personal information we hold, by contacting Zoë’s Place Trust on the details provided below
Department line managers are responsible for ensuring that any data stored or used in line with their roles function is stored and used in accordance with this policy.
Zoe’s Place sites contact details.
Head Office: Lisa Retford – Group Finance Manager
Address: Upper Ground Floor, 15 Dormer Place, Leamington Spa, CV32 5AA
Tel: 01926 889633
Liverpool: Matt Meaney - Head of Fundraising
Flo Bergquist – Head of Care
Address: Yew Tree Ln, Liverpool, L12 9HH
Tel: 0151 2280 353
Middlesbrough: Rebecca Jobson - Head of Fundraising
Michelle Larkin – Head of Care
Address: Crossbeck House, High Street, Normanby, Middlesbrough,
Tel: 01642 457985
Coventry: Ian Carr - Head of Fundraising
Gina Harris - Head of Care
Address: Easter Way, Ash Green, Coventry, CV7 9JG
Tel: 02476 361675