Zoe’s Place Trust raises funds to provide palliative, respite and end of life care to babies and infants aged from birth to 5 years.
Zoe’s Place is unique we are the only baby specific hospices in the U.K.
Zoe’s Place has three Baby Hospices located in Coventry, Liverpool and Middlesbrough. All three Hospices provide care on a 24/7 basis.
Each Hospice needs to raise £1.5m each year in order to provide our services free to all families who access our facilities.
Zoe’s Place is funded primarily through donations, voluntary fundraising as well as some public sector commissioning arrangements.
To deliver our extensive fundraising programme we employ our own specialist fundraisers as well as benefitting from a large number of dedicated volunteers, who give their time and energy free to raise valuable funds and share the stories of the Hospice.
Our team of fundraisers will raise income through campaigns, events, regular giving, lottery, physical challenges, major donors, Company partnerships, grant making foundations, and legacies.
Fundraisers will be provided with all the necessary equipment, support and information to ensure they are able to carry out their duties in the most cost effective manner.
Whilst our first priority will be to raise sufficient funds to cover our present day to day expenditure we will also seek to raise funds to ensure that we are able to provide our services to future beneficiaries and families.
Fundraising is an investment and as such needs to demonstrate an acceptable return. We will strive to obtain the maximum return from the capital employed to generate income. As a general principal all events/challenges/campaigns will provide a minimum of between 3 to 5 times return on capital spent.
Objectives will be set for each Hospice in order to raise funds to “keep the doors open”. Our income objectives for the year 2019-20 are summarised as follows:
- We will seek to generate £500,000 from Trust & Grants towards core funding.
- Fundraisers will ensure we have a wide variety of events/challenges available to appeal to donors.
- Each Hospice will have at least one major event each year to generate circa £50,000.
- Statutory Funding – NHS Grant in place for the present year. We will develop funding with various CCG’s to increase existing levels where possible. Our objective being to increase the income from this category to £1.2m.
- Lottery - We will look to increase our exposure with the strap line “support Zoe’s Place with the chance to win £25,000”
- Regular giving campaign to be organised in January 2020.
- Merchandise – will be reviewed and increased. We will look at the option of selling direct from our website to the donor where possible.
- Social Media – We will continue to develop our exposure on Social Media. All Hospices will post regular updates/information/case studies of children and their families. We will ensure a regular “ask” is made and indicate what a weekly/monthly donation would fund. Posts requesting one off donations will also include an example of what this donation would fund – for example £30 would fund one hour of care.
Our income streams are listed below, with a risk level attached to each classification.
Statutory Funding Low/medium
Major events Medium
Trust & Grants Medium
Fundraising other events/challenges Medium
Donations (Comm/Internet) Medium
Donations Corporate Medium
Major Donors High
Recycle clothes Low
Gift Aid Low
Regular Giving Low
Total £4, 500,000
- Zoe’s Place will not use the services of external professional fundraisers
- Zoe’s Place will not make unsolicited calls to members of the public requesting donations.
- Zoe’s Place will not share, swap or sell data collected from supporters with any third party unless we are legally required to do so for example for auditing of gift aid donors by HMRC.
- Zoe’s Place is regulated by the Fundraising Regulatory Board and agrees to operate in line with the code of practice of this organisation.
- Zoe’s Place will ensure all staff and volunteers are trained in the awareness of safeguarding vulnerable adults and children.
- Zoe’s Place is a member of the Institute of Fundraising and agrees to adhere to their principles in dealing with vulnerable adults.
Click here for link to Fundraising Regulator website.