Overview of the role
This exciting and varied role plays a vital part in raising funds for Zoe’s Place Coventry. The corporate stream of fundraising has been established and we have a number of long-standing businesses such as Morrisons, Triton Showers and Arden Fine Foods, who you’ll be working closely with to maximise the income and impact that their partnerships have.
You will also have the freedom and be encouraged to find new organisations to add to the portfolio of supporters.
The types of businesses we work with vary greatly, so adaptability and an ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders is vital.
Like all charities, we have been impacted by the Covid pandemic, but the charity is now thriving and as it looks to continue to increase both its services and funds, it really is a fantastic opportunity and exciting time to be joining our dynamic fundraising team.
Working with the Head of Fundraising and in close collaboration with the fundraising teams at our other two hospices, you will develop a strategy to deliver new and sustainable corporate support in order to meet and exceed fundraising targets.
Key Responsibilities of the post
- Meet agreed fundraising targets for corporate income at Zoe’s Place, Coventry
- Work alongside the Head of Fundraising to develop annual Corporate Strategy, clear objectives and plan to grow the corporate portfolio and income levels
- Increase support and awareness of Zoe’s Place Baby Hospice amongst local businesses (new and existing)
- Plan and execute in-house Zoe’s Place corporate fundraising events
- Develop and maintain relationships with corporate supporters to increase income through Charity of the Year partnerships, staff fundraising, payroll giving and event participation
- Adhering to GDPR regulations, carry out prospect research to cultivate and develop a portfolio of corporate supporters delivering an exceptional and consistent stewardship programme to all
- Ensure management systems are used effectively to record income, data and recognise trends to develop existing partnerships and secure new ones
- Work closely with staff across the charity’s four sites to maximise Trust-wide Corporate opportunities, events and sharing best-practice / processes
- Work with ambassadors and patrons in order to network effectively and encourage broader support of Zoe’s Place Baby Hospices
- Represent Zoe’s Place at Corporate functions to promote the work of the Hospice by giving presentations and articulating a clear and compelling case for support
- Maintain effective communication and collaboration with other members of fundraising staff in order to ‘cross sell’ and maximise fundraising opportunities
Experience and skills
- Demonstrable experience of achieving or exceeding fundraising and/or sales targets
- Experience of managing a prospecting income pipeline and risk mitigation
- A proven creative commercial approach to income generation
- Ability to carry out effective prospect research
- Event management
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Charity and / or fundraising experience
- Experience of pitching to potential clients at variety of levels
Benefits of working at Zoe’s Place
- Hybrid working and flexible approach to work
- Work Pension Scheme
- Free parking at work
- Dedicated staff support scheme to ensure staff well-being
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
Working at Zoe’s Place
- The post holder will be required to work evenings and weekends to meet the business needs of the role for which time off in lieu will be agreed
- In line with current Hospice policies, employees are expected to occasionally wear masks in the Hospice and adhere to social distancing where applicable
- This job description sets out the key task and responsibilities of the post and is not intended to be comprehensive. It is essential that it is regarded with a degree of flexibility to meet the changing needs of the organisation and general business need.
Salary: £25,500-£29,500 depending on experience
Based at: Zoe’s Place Baby Hospice, Coventry
Responsible to: Head of Care